The ING Bank is a global financial institution, offering banking, investments, life insurance and retirement services across Europe and in Asia. In Turkey, ING is one of the nation’s fastest growing banks, with 6,300 employees and 368 branches across the country. To support its rapid growth, the bank and CIO have been focused on investing in next-generation IT infrastructure and solutions which deliver performance and efficiency.
In mid-2013, this focus resulted in a historic milestone for the Turkish ICT Market: ING became the first bank in Turkey to provide centralised voice services out of its data center in a completely virtual environment, as a private cloud solution. The bank then followed up this milestone with another, deploying OpenScape Unified Communication across all its locations.
The complete solution was designed and implemented to dramatically improve team efficiency, while ensuring that centralised services would be more reliable and secure.
- OpenScape Voice provided voice services for the entire bank
- OpenScape UC Application served 400 mobile workers with unified communication capabilities and OneNumberService
- OpenScape Xpressions centralised fax server and auto attendant functions
- OpenScape Branch and Session Border Controller ensured remote branch offices received full support and secure communications
- OpenScape Voice Link providing click-to-dial connectivity in MS Lync
- OpenScape centralised fault, accounting, and user management
ING became the first bank in Turkey to use voice, unified communications, and other applications from a virtualised environment. By centralising these applications, ING Bank was able to achieve significant cost reductions and new efficiencies while ensuring that the data would be protected by a more robust disaster recovery approach.